Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

What is Arria10 DS-5 baremetal debug agent reset.system operation doing ?

PHJ
New Contributor I

How is the reset implemented when I issue a reset reset.system command from the DS-5 debugger (connected to the target via the Altera Arria 10 SoC bare metal debug agent) ?

I see different behaviour when I issue this on the A10 dev kit and our A10 custom hardware and need to understand what is happening beneath the DS-5 covers to investigate further.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Can you explain what is the different behavior that you are observing?

Regarding the reset command in DS-5 please read the reset description from ARM infocenter:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0452o/CIHGEEBG.html

0 Kudos
PHJ
New Contributor I

​Hi -

I do not see our UEFI bootloader run following the reset.  I see the same thing when the HPS WDOG reset occurs.

If I connect the debugger and halt the core, we are stuck in a v tight loop at:

S:0x000003EC : LDR     r1,[r0,#0]

S:0x000003F0 : ANDS    r2,r1,#1

S:0x000003F4 : BEQ     {pc}-8 ; 0x3ec

This is reading the the i_fpga_mgr_fpgamgrregs/misci register at 0xffd03018 looking for bit 0 to be set.

It's always 0 following the HPS WDOG reset.

Does the fact that it is checking this suggest that the boot from the primary boot device(QSPI) has failed ?

Thanks !

Paul

0 Kudos
PHJ
New Contributor I

​We've identified the problem here.  The QSPI flash requires a reset to allow the boot to work.  See:

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/SocBoardQspiBoot

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Great! Are you applying the Solution #2 that solve your issue?

I would like to know if your initial problem was also solve.

0 Kudos