Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

alt-boot-disk-util v20.1 returns "Device open failed" error

FilipMiler
Beginner

Hi. In SoC EDS version 20.1, the alt-boot-disk-util SD card utility doesn't work, it always returns "Device open failed" error message regardless of running as administrator, specified destination drive etc.

alt-boot-disk-util from SoC EDS version 18.1 works fine on the same computer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi FilipMiler

Could you try starting the Embedded Command Shell with Administrator Privileges before trying invoking the "alt-boot-disk-util" exe?

Which board are you working on currently?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
FilipMiler
Beginner

Hi. Yes, I'm starting the shell with administrator privileges. alt-boot-disk-util from EDS 18.1 works fine in command prompt shell, but version 20.1 doesn't.

Best regards,

Filip Miler

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Any update on this case?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi FilipMiler

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, someone will be right with you.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey.  If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos