Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
470 Discussions

alt_bridge_f2s_armcc.s compile issue

CAlex
New Contributor II

Hi,

When using arm compiler 6 (built-in)/GCC(Linaro 7.5.0 for x86_64), the alt_bridge_f2s_armcc.s/gnu.s cant be compiled.

Do you know how to fix that?

I'm building the examples through ARM DS, but the examples can't build well. They are either cant cp the hwlib or cant compile the above source file.

Reguards

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CAlex
New Contributor II

Another error is like that:

CAlex_0-1683365995847.png

I didnt change anything and did exact steps of readme.txt file said, I openned the ide through SOCEDS,reseted the QUARTUS_ROOT and clicked the build button.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Can you provide the ARM DS, Quartus, SoC EDS and Windows version?

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II

ARMDS:21.1

Quartus: 22.1 lite

SoC EDS:20.1

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I am still working on it on my side, have you tried using the GNU compiler type example?

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II

Hi,

I found out the problem for the ARMCLANG(compiler 6) solution:

go to C/C++ settings->Assembler->Miscellaneous and set the -masm to auto instead of default.

I cant solve the GCC version problem though.

Reguards.

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I managed to worked through that problem, it seems the SOCEDS 20.1 didn't support the WSL2, so I ran it under MSYS2 MSYS.

The other issue came to me :

When I ran the cycloneV FPGA GNU examples with ddr and semihosting the debug stopped at order line: B      _mainCRTSartup:

CAlex_0-1684123419265.png

I didnt set any breakpoint or watchpoint. The socfpga I used is coming from GHRD with noi change.

Reguards.

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II

When I restarted all the system it came to normal again.

Here is the solution from ARM experts:

Debug issue with order B _mainCRTStartup - Arm Development Studio forum - Support forums - Arm Community

You need to get into the breakpoint view to do some settings to avoid this issue.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Glad it worked for you, from my side I usually build it on my Linux machine using the GNU compiler examples it worked fine, and tested working 2 days ago.

BTW, are you having the evaluation license or a valid license for the ARM DS?

Do you have any issue or further questions?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos