Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

A question about SGX remote attestation

dai_c_
Beginner

Hello everyone, the security channel is established at the same time as the SGX remote authentication passes, and then private data can be transmitted through the secure channel. Is this secure channel a TLS security channel? And whether I need to perform additional data encryption before using security channels for private data transmission.Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
you_w_
New Contributor III

Hi: 

The security channel established by sgx RA uses a sigma liked protocol. In that process both client and server will get a same session key  though ecdh algorithm. You should encrypt your private data use the session key. The sample code in sgx sdk showed how to do that, you can look into the  RemoteAttestation sample  for detail.

Regards

you

0 Kudos
Michael_S_Intel
Employee

If you need TLS or prefer a simpler programming model to attested secure channels, you also might want to look at SGX-RA-TLS .. 

0 Kudos
maxdd
Beginner

Hi,

I take a look at SGX-RA-TLS. It only provides example code to attest the server using openssl-client. I am wondering do they provide a simple API that builds up a secure channel between enclave and client?

Thanks!

0 Kudos