Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Build in HW works but application does not execute

payam_s_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm working on a project in which I should present security feutures/vulnerabilities of the Intel SGX. For this purpose I must build my project in Release mode. Because I should work on linux platform , I took a the SampleEnclave project from SGX-SDK as an example, and in my application I should just load an enclave push a buffer into and then destroy it.However, the build process works in all modes (Debug/Sim/PreRelease/Release) fine and I can also sign created enclave and enclave_hash but the problem is, when I run the application built in Release mode I receive error, that creating an enclave failed. Additionally, I'm sure that my machine has the SGX and it is enabled. 

I had first another problem as I tried to run the application -> ./app  Error: please use the correct uRts from psw package. After my searches in this forum I understood for running an application in HW mode the application should use the libsgx_urts.so from psw. therefore I copied this library from psw package to /usr/lib/ which my application looks there for finding the libsgx_urts.so. After copying the lib from psw, I dont receive the choose correct uRts library but execution still fails.

Does anybody know about this problem.

regards,

Payam 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Surenthar_S_Intel

Hi,

If you want to build the SGX application in release mode, then you need to get the license from Intel. Please refer the below link for your reference 

-Surenthar

0 Kudos
payam_s_
Beginner

Thanks Surenthar.

0 Kudos