Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.
1452 Discussions

Cannot find Intel SGX in Bios to Enable and cannot do it also with Windows Programs/linux

donaldi95
Novice

Hello i hope you are fine.

I am trying to enable Intel SGX on a new PC i got, but it is impossible.

I am providing with the steps i did and current situation:

Apparently the CPU ( core(tm) i5-6400t cpu  @2.20ghz 2.21ghz , supports Intel SGX with ME.

My pc is a Lenovo Thinkcentre m90, type:10FG, Serial Number: S4bq5439

I did install all the required drivers for ME and DAL. They are active and running!

I did run the Intel R software Guard extensions Activation App on Windows 10, It didn't work.

I did run on Linux the sgx_software_enable from git source, it didn't work too...

I am Attaching some pictures of BIOS and Settings.

Best Regards,

Donald

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello Donald,

Apparently, your system BIOS does not support SGX so there is no way to enable it. Processor support is not enough to have a fully SGX enabled system; the BIOS must support it. Please read this article for more details.

Properly Detecting Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) in Your Applications

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello Donald,

Apparently, your system BIOS does not support SGX so there is no way to enable it. Processor support is not enough to have a fully SGX enabled system; the BIOS must support it. Please read this article for more details.

Properly Detecting Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) in Your Applications

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

donaldi95
Novice

Hello Jesus,

Thank you very much for your support.

Is it possible to be provided a list of Budget laptops or PC that support intel SGX both in bios and in ? I have been following this guide in GIT.  But apparently the pc i got based in the CPU here did not worked.

I need to get one ASAP by max Monday-Tuesday next week .

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Donald,

Unfortunately, we do not have such a list. That GitHub list, maintained by a non-Intel person, is the closest thing to the list you are looking for. I recommend contacting your favorite OEM before purchasing a laptop to ensure it supports SGX in the BIOS.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos