Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Error happened while signing the enclave

Marku__Enio
Beginner

Hi,

I am a novice in Intel SGX SDK so before trying to build my application around Intel SGX I tried to put my hand dirty into the SampleEnclave project found on C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IntelSGXSDK\src. I am trying to sign the enclave using cmd. I put the command " sgx_sign gendata ‑enclave Enclave.sign.dll  -out enclave_hash.hex" and run it but I end up with the error as below:

Failed to open file " Enclave.signed.dll"

Error happened while signing enclave.

I am trying to figure it out what is going wrong but could not find any reason since the File "Enclave.signed.dll" happens to be in the directory

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Enio.

It appears you're trying to use the "gendata" sgx_sign command on an enclave that has already been signed.  "Gendata" is used as the first step in the two-part signing process and is supposed to take an unsigned enclave as input to the -enclave parameter.

For more info see the link below or the "Enclave Signing Tool" section in the SGX SDK Developer Reference.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/sgx-sdk-dev-reference-sgx-sign-command-line-syntax

Regards.

Scott

0 Kudos