Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Intel Vtune and SGX Hotspots Analysis

Criston__Anna
New Contributor I

Hi, I have read about the Intel Vtune Amplifier XE being able to analyse SGX Hotspots, however, according to this thread, this option is not available anymore since the 2018 Update 2:   https://community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers-Intel-VTune-Profiler/VTune-SGX-Hotspots-doesn-t-show-enclave-perf-data/td-p/1164781

I have installed the latest version (2020 Update 1) and the SGX Hotspots Analysis option hasn't returned. This is the Collection Log for using the only Hotspots Analysis option available for this tool:

Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rt640x64.sys'.
Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Netwtw04.sys'.
Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\sgx_launch.dll'.
Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_38bfcb542ef4272e\igdkmd64.sys'.
Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\sgx_urts.dll'.
Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\sgx_enclave_common.dll'.
Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wd\WdFilter.sys'.
Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vtss.sys'.

Is there any tool for Windows that I could use to help me identify the  SGX Hotspots? Something that could help me analyse the CPU usage when the code within the enclave is run?

Thank you,

Anna

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesusG_Intel

Hello Anna,

sgx-hotspots is alive and well in VTune. You have to use it from the command line according to these instructions: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/command-line-interface/running-command-line-analysis/running-sgx-hotspots-analysis-from-the-command-line.html.

0 Kudos