Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Linux Tools and Open Source Development

cory_s_1
Beginner

Linux development tools are coming soon, and whether they will support open source (and license free) development

I had read another post asking when the Linux tools would be released for the SGX chips. An answer of June 2016 was given, which is a tad nebulous. I work as a researcher at a university and we are planning to conduct some work using the SGX instructions, however all the information I have seen so far relating to usage of the development kit has implied that there may be restrictions on what may be done without licensing the SDK.

Are there plans to be friendly towards open source development and how soon in June 2016 will we see some information about the Linux tools?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Surenthar_S_Intel

Update:

Intel SGX SDK for Linux* OS open source project is now live at:  https://01.org/intel-softwareguard-eXtensions

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Francisco_R_1
Beginner

Hi,

Did everything again, the problem was some metadata in the workplace directory (forgot to delete that one).

Used the versions specified in the readme file. However, I do not get anything related to SGX in preferences or menus.

The Software Guard Extensions Plug-in enables Independent Service
Vendors in developing Linux applications
with Software Guard Extensions. The Plug-in extends the C/C++ Development
tools Plug-in to allow ISVs develop secure extensions in C or
C++. The Plug-in also allows conversion of an Linux Application
project into an Linux Application project with Software Guard
Extensions.
Using the Plug-in features and SGX Plug-in Menu options, a developer
can modify the Signing keys and Enclave Configuration for an
Enclave project and can add enclaves inside a project with SGX Nature.
Once development is complete, the developer can build the Enclave
and the Linux project using the SGX SDK for Linux with Release/Debug Configurations in Simulation/Hardware
mode and Hardware Prerelease mode.

Not getting any of these... any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Francisco_R_1
Beginner

Hi,

Did not look into this for a while.

Seems to be a common problem and it is easily fixed, maybe write a note in the readme file about this.

The solution is installing java8 as stated here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-guard-extensions-intel-sgx/topic/681670#comment-1883265

Don't go for java9, did that, Mars 1 will not start. :-)

Cheers,

Francisco

0 Kudos