Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

PSW installation problem

Zhuoran
Beginner

Hello all,

I got a problem of installing SGX PSW on my new laptop. As I have searched through forum and google, this is my current situation.

1. SGX enabled on BIOS.

2. Windows Pro 10 Version 1803 OS build 17134.556 up to date.

3. Visual Studio Community 2015 installed.

4. SGX SDK 2.2 installed. PSW 2.2 installation failed.

I got the error message pretty much like " windows version is not compatible with installing PSW " and I checked with SGX manual. My windows updates did not install the latest PSW automatically for me even the SGX was enabled on BIOS. The previous version of SGX SDK/PSW works well on my old computer with old windows version. Are there any way I can work out this installation or maybe download old SGX SDK/PSW version (<1.8, cannot find it anywhere)? 

Thank you very much,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Francisco_C_Intel

>My windows updates did not install the latest PSW automatically for me even the SGX was enabled on BIOS.

How did you determine it was not installed? It will NOT appear in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

You should be able to find it under
1) Device Manager -> System devices -> Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Device
and
2) Device Manager -> Software Components -> Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Device

If installed properly, you should see "Intel® SGX AESM" as one of the services on your system. You can view the services in your system by running "services.msc".

Please let me know if you are still having problems finding the software.

Thanks,

Francisco

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Francisco_C_Intel

>My windows updates did not install the latest PSW automatically for me even the SGX was enabled on BIOS.

How did you determine it was not installed? It will NOT appear in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

You should be able to find it under
1) Device Manager -> System devices -> Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Device
and
2) Device Manager -> Software Components -> Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Device

If installed properly, you should see "Intel® SGX AESM" as one of the services on your system. You can view the services in your system by running "services.msc".

Please let me know if you are still having problems finding the software.

Thanks,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Zhuoran
Beginner

Hello Francisco,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I have checked the System devices/Software components/Services and I have those installed correctly. So I reinstalled SDK then it is working now. I can set up a simple hello world enclave. Thank you very much for your help! Much appreciated!

I am not sure why I failed at first. Maybe I installed the SDK before windows updates finished?. Because I suppose the PSW should be installed before SDK? 

Zhuoran

0 Kudos
zhigang__ye
Beginner

Oh, big help

0 Kudos