Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Power Transition in G3 state

Criston__Anna
New Contributor I

Hi! I was wondering if the Power Transition Sample works also for the Machine Off(G3) State and how could I check this? Running the App.exe resumes and appears in the processes bar only after the Sleep states .How could I check the enclave and its processes after a rebooting or after turning off and on the machine?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello Anna,

Rebooting the machine wipes the slate clean. The enclave and it's processes will not survive a reboot. If you want to save data across reboots you will have to seal it locally before the power transition occurs. In the PowerTransition sample, if you want to check what happens after the reboot you will have to rerun App.exe. The power transitions addressed by the sample are noted in App.cpp: "Manually put the OS into a sleep or hibernate state;"

Read the section Enclaves and Power Events in this page for more details.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesusG_Intel

Hello Anna,

Rebooting the machine wipes the slate clean. The enclave and it's processes will not survive a reboot. If you want to save data across reboots you will have to seal it locally before the power transition occurs. In the PowerTransition sample, if you want to check what happens after the reboot you will have to rerun App.exe. The power transitions addressed by the sample are noted in App.cpp: "Manually put the OS into a sleep or hibernate state;"

Read the section Enclaves and Power Events in this page for more details.

Regards,

0 Kudos