Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Question about MTLS between SP and IAS?

shen_y_
Beginner

Hi 

I've registered my SP with IAS and received a SPID and a Report Key link.

My question is :

1. Is the Report Key needed in MTLS or remote attestation? If true, how to use it ?

2. MTLS means that both SP and IAS must present a valid (not expired or revoked) X.509 certificate for authentication.I've provided SP's certificate to IAS and received a SPID,how to get IAS's certificate?  In my opinion, I should put the IAS's certificate in SP's truststore used for TLS1.2 authentication when I access IAS WebService which is supplied for remote attestation. Is my understanding right? 

Thanks and Regards,

Yu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
Surenthar_S_Intel

Hi Yu,

We have a code sample for remote attestation that is nearing release. It should be ready soon. This sample has will likely address your question.

Thanks and Regards,
Surenthar Selvaraj

0 Kudos
shivani_g_
Beginner

Hi Surenthar

Will a code sample for remote attestation for linux OS will also be released soon ?

I was trying to communicate with SP directly via sockets. I'm able to successfully complete the TLS handshake. But after writing the request to socket my SSL_read() always fails and I'm unsure why.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Surenthar_S_Intel

Hi Shivani,

At this time there are no plans to provide a remote attestation sample for Linux OS.

Thanks

0 Kudos