Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

SGX Won't Update

numbfx
Beginner

Hi,

I can't seem to update my SGX, windows update gives the error:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070005)

Error: (08/05/2020 10:33:33 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (EventID: 20) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200b: Intel Corporation - System - 2.7.100.2.

and if I try to update manually I get the following error with the SGX PSW install app:

The installed version of Windows is not supported by this installer. If you enable Intel® SGX on your system, Windows Update install Intel® SGX Platform Software automatically.
You can enable Intel® SGX on your system using the following App from Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/intel-r-software-guard-extensions-activation-app/9n4tv0sxlnmt#activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Note: Your computer manufacturer of IT department may select a different version of the Intel® SGX Platform Software from Windows Update than the one included. Please read the installation guide for more information.

When I go to that link in the Microsoft Store, the program is already installed and SGX is active.

I have BIOS set to Enabled.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello numbfx,

Which version of Windows are you using?

For issues with Windows Update of your SGX Platform Software, please go to either your IT department, your PC OEM, or Microsoft for support.

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Intel is no longer monitoring this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos