Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

SGX enabled processors

Benny_F_
Beginner

Hello,

can somebody name me Intel processors that definitely support Intel SGX or this there an official list somewhere? I would like to buy a processor solely for Intel SGX and thus can't buy any Skylake processor and hope for the best.

Through the Intel search, I found the i7-6567U. The product information page (http://ark.intel.com/products/91167/Intel-Core-i7-6567U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz?wapkw=sgx) lists SGX as supported. However, the processor is from Q3'15 and according to my information no processor prior to 26th of October supports SGX.

Best regards and thank you,
Benny

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MarkC_Intel

I poked around and here's the response I got:

Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) is introduced with all Skylake processors (which includes the i7-6567U). However, it must be noted that at the system-level it relies on OEM/ODM enabling as well as software that takes advantage of it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkC_Intel

I poked around and here's the response I got:

Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) is introduced with all Skylake processors (which includes the i7-6567U). However, it must be noted that at the system-level it relies on OEM/ODM enabling as well as software that takes advantage of it.

0 Kudos
Charlie_S_Intel1
Employee

The Intel  Platform Developers Kit (PDK) for SGX comes preloaded with the SGX SDK, an SGX enabled CPU in a NUC form factor. Finally SGX is preconfigured to enabled in the bios settings. The PDK can be ordered with your choice of OS preinstalled. You can learn more about the Intel PDK for SGX Here

0 Kudos
Korah__Biju
Beginner

is Intel Core i5 - 8250U and Intel Core i7 - 8550U processors support SGX ?

0 Kudos