I've got a server (Dell PowerEdge R330) with Intel Xeon E3-1240v5, and installed Ubuntu 14.04.4 x64 on it. However, when I try to install sgx_linux_x64_driver_xxx_.bin, I get "modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'isgx': No such device". It seems the latest BIOS does not suport SGX (using the test tool from: https://github.com/ayeks/SGX-hardware). Is there any server motherboard that support SGX?
SGX Support Desktop, Laptop and Server like workstation.
I will ensure that the Z240 has one of these supported chipsets. SGX was enabled on Z240 with BIOS 1.07. This was the first Refresh BIOS in January 2016.”
- Intel Xeon E3-1225v5 3.3 GHz (up to 3.7 GHz) 8MB GT2 4C 80W TWR CPU
- Intel Xeon E3-1230v5 3.4 GHz (up to 3.8 GHz) 8MB GT0 4C 80W TWR CPU
- Intel Xeon E3-1240v5 3.5 GHz (up to 3.9 GHz) 8MB GT0 4C 80W TWR CPU
- Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 3.5 GHz (up to 3.9 GHz) 8MB GT2 4C 80W TWR CPU
- Intel Xeon E3-1270v5 3.6 GHz (up to 4.0 GHz) 8MB GT0 4C 80W TWR CPU
- Intel Xeon E3-1280v5 3.7 GHz (up to 4.0 GHz) 8MB GT0 4C 80W TWR CPU