Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Use SGX to pack non-SGX lib

KT_L_
Beginner

Hi..

I have a SGX question

If I got a algorithm lib/dll whcih is non-SGX coding and I don't have the source code.

I plan to write a SGX  function and call this non-SGX  API lib.

Is non-SGX lib protected by SGX?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Surenthar_S_Intel

Hi KT,

No, it will not provide any SGX security for non SGX lib. Because the non SGX lib stored on untrusted memory.

Thanks and Reagrds,
Surenthar Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Surenthar_S_Intel

Hi KT,

No, it will not provide any SGX security for non SGX lib. Because the non SGX lib stored on untrusted memory.

Thanks and Reagrds,
Surenthar Selvaraj

0 Kudos
KT_L_
Beginner

Hi Surenthar

Thanks for your reply.

So there are no way to make non-sgx lib be proercted by SGX without re-writing the lib with SGX?

If answer is no, I will ask the vendor whcich provide our algorithm to re-write it under SGX environment.

Someone tell me that ARM; trustzone can do it. That's why we think it maybe ok to wrap the non-sgx lib in SGX code.

Thanks  KT

0 Kudos
Muthumanic_V_Intel

Hello KT,

The untrusted library functions can only be called from application code - outside the enclave. The trusted libraries are static libraries that link with the enclave binary. The Intel® Software Guard Extensions Evaluation SDK ships with several trusted libraries that cover domains such as standard C/C++ libraries, synchronization, encryption and more. These functions/objects can only be used from within the enclave.

Note: Do not link the enclave with any untrusted library including C/C++ standard libraries. This action will either fail the enclave signing process or cause a runtime failure due to the use of restricted instructions.

In your case please do rewrite the algorithm with in the SXG environment.

Regards,

Muthu

0 Kudos
KT_L_
Beginner

Hi Muthu,

Thansk for your detail explain. really appreciate.

0 Kudos