Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Where to find "sgx plugin eclipse"?

marcos_a_
Beginner

Hi

I am trying to setup Linux (CentOS) with SGX Devel. tools according to the "Intel Software Guard Externsion - Installation Guide".

I have some questions:

1. Where I can download the SGX Plugin for Eclipse?

2. Does this plugin only works with Mars or can also work with Neon Eclipse?

3. Can I develop SGX (in Linux) without using Eclipse? I mean, can I just use the gcc/g++ tools and make files?

Thanks,

Rgds

Marcos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rodolfo_S_
New Contributor III
Hi, 1. The Eclipse update site for Intel SGX can be built from the SDK source code. For further information about the SGX Eclipse plugin, please refer to this document: https://github.com/01org/linux-sgx/blob/master/Linux_SGXEclipsePlugin/readme.txt 2. This plugin has only been tested by Intel on Eclipse Mars. Incompatibility issues might occur if you try to use another version. 3. You absolutely can develop SGX applications without Eclipse (or any other IDE). I myself prefer to develop using Vim. Best regards, Rodolfo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rodolfo_S_
New Contributor III
Hi, 1. The Eclipse update site for Intel SGX can be built from the SDK source code. For further information about the SGX Eclipse plugin, please refer to this document: https://github.com/01org/linux-sgx/blob/master/Linux_SGXEclipsePlugin/readme.txt 2. This plugin has only been tested by Intel on Eclipse Mars. Incompatibility issues might occur if you try to use another version. 3. You absolutely can develop SGX applications without Eclipse (or any other IDE). I myself prefer to develop using Vim. Best regards, Rodolfo
0 Kudos
marcos_a_
Beginner

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks a lot for your information and fast response!

Rgds

Marcos

0 Kudos
Harris__David
Beginner

Just wondering if this response is still true, that the latest tested version is Eclipse Mars, since this was a 2016 release.  The current documentation lists Mars, and I haven't yet found something referring to a more recent version.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
ucxdz
Beginner

Hi David,

I am using the SGX Plugin with Eclipse Oxygen 3 (Release 4.7.3). I am running it every day with no problems. Everything is working fine. 

0 Kudos