Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

i can't find Enclave project in visual stdio 2017

newsgxer
Beginner

when i have installed the required softwares like INTEL ME,SDK,PSW as i thought,i can't find Enclave project in visual stdio 2017.VS 2017 was installed earlier than  SDK was.I have tried several times to build sgx following the given instructions and googled for solutions ,but it didn't work out.

Would you please give me some suggestions? Thanks a lot

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

I have an update. The fixed SGX SDK for Windows that integrates with Visual Studio will be released at the end of January.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

You should be able to find the Enclave Project in the Visual C++ section.

1. Open Visual Studio 2017
  2. Click File | New | Project | Visual C++ | Intel® SGX Enclave Project

You can also search for Enclave in the New Project Search box.

If Intel SGX Enclave Project is not available in Visual Studio 2017, try installing Visual Studio 2019.

See the attached file for a screenshot of where Intel SGX Enclave Project appears in the New Project dialog box.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

Were you able to find the new SGX project in Visual Studio?

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

Thanks

Not yet.i have installed vs2017 ,vs2017pro,vs2019,and the sgx preject can't be found .

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

1. Provide a screenshot of the New Project dialog box with the Visual C++ section expanded.
  2. Import enclave into a new, blank solution:
    1. Click File | New | Project | Visual C++ | Console App
    2. In Solution Explorer, right-click on the Console Application project
    3. At the bottom of the dialog box, select Intel SGX Configuration | Import Enclave

If you do not see the Intel SGX Configuration option in the project properties then the SGX SDK did not properly integrate with Visual Studio.

Ensure you have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler with Visual Studio.

Try opening one of the sample solutions included with the SGX SDK, such as SampleEnclave, and check if it compiles.

You can also try re-installing the SGX SDK.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I won't give up.

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

Have you tried installing on another PC? Just to check if you can get the integration to work, you don't need SGX, all you need is Visual Studio and the SGX SDK.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.
Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

Hello Jesus G,

Yes,i have tried to install sgx on another PC and my roommate's PC.The results are that the sgx project is unable to be found. Also,i  tried to run the SampleEnclave without sgx projects found in VS,which brought many mistakes that mainly are the as the followings:

1. the original problem: no sgx projects found in VS(2017pro or 2019)

2.VS can't Identify the edl file like Enclave.edl

3. how to sign the dll file like Enclave.dll

4.how to integrate my sgx project into other projects .When i right-click the project ,no intel sgx configuration was found.

Looking forward to your reply.It is important to me.

Yours,

newsgxer.

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

Let's try some troubleshooting steps:

1. What is your OS version and build number?
  2. Uninstall Intel Software Guard Extensions SDK for Windows from Programs and Features
  3. Double-click on Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_2.11.100.3.exe to install the Intel SGX SDK for Windows v. 2.11 (is this the version you are trying to install?)
  4. Confirm the first screen, after the initial splash screen, on the installation GUI shows the check boxes for Intel® SGX Visual Studio Integration and Intel® SGX Visual Studio Debugger (see the attached screenshot)
  5. After installation is complete, you will find installation logs in the %temp% directory. The logs have a prefix of "dd" and are named similarly to dd_setup_20201208084321.log. You should see logs with VisualStudio in the file name. Compress these logs and send them as an attachment to this thread.(see the attached screenshot)

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

Hello Jesus G

My OS version and build number are Windows10 Education 1809 version and 17763.1577
Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_2.11.100.3,it is the version i have installed.
It seems that something indeed went wrong with the installation.

I'll read logs and try to figure it out.Also look forward to your advice.

yours,

Newsgxer

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

the rest of the photos

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

I was able to reproduce your issue - not able to integrate the SGX SDK with VS2019. I submitted that issue to engineering for further investigation.

Here are some other steps you can try:

1. Remove all versions of Visual Studio except Visual Studio 2017 Professional edition.
  2. Delete the directory: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Installer\SGX_SDK
  3. Reinstall the SGX SDK
  4. Send a log named dd_VSIXInstaller...

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

Hello Jesus G

See this log which reported that it's the OS's compatible issues.It sems that the SDK downloaded from the website did't work well  windows10 version 1809 and builder number 17763.1577.Right now i manage to install SDK on OS whose version is before 1709 or the latest OS version and 32bit(the log shows that the SDK requires 32bit OS).I think it's better to creat Enclave project in VS.Also i'll try to use SampleEnclave as a base for my project.

Sincerely,

Newsgxer.

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hi Newsgxer,

Even without the integrations, you should be able to load and compile the SampleEnclave. You can use that as a base for your projects.

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hi newsgxer,

When you say that you managed to install the SDK does this mean that you were able to integrate it with Visual Studio?

Can you find the new SGX Enclave Project?

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

Hello Jesus G,

Unfortunately i failed again.I installed SGX SDK on Windows Education 20H2,build number 19042.631,which is the latest version.Next i'll try to install SDK on earlier version like 1607.Wish me luck.

Look forward to your reply.

Yours,

Newsgxer

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

hi Jesus G

I read the logs again.Surely it's the version of the Windows and components of VS that can't integrate with the SGX sdk.So would you please give some advice on which version or some contraints of the version that the SGX sdk needs.One of my senior told me that he succeed for only one time.Hence,i need to change the configurations of my PC.Maybe there are some other problems that i didn't mention.If possible,please write to me so that i'll get it correct.

Yours,

Newsgxer

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

I apologize for my delay in response as I was on vacation.

Unfortunately, I don't have any updates. We have been able to reproduce this issue and engineering is looking into it. I will continue to work with them to get a response.

I will post on this thread as soon as I have an update.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello newsgxer,

I have an update. The fixed SGX SDK for Windows that integrates with Visual Studio will be released at the end of January.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
newsgxer
Beginner

Hello Jesus G,

I'm so excited to hear it.

Thanks a lot.

Yours,

Newsgxer

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos