Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

install PSW Error

JS__KIM
Beginner

When I run the latest Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_x64_PSW_2.0.101.44269.exe

the installer shows

“Operating system "Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.17134" is not supported”.

But my windows version is 1803(OS build 17134.191) /

What should I do?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott_R_Intel
Employee

Hello.

PSW installation is blocked on Windows 10 RS4 (Version 1803, b17134) because it will automatically download all PSW components via Windows Update, if not already installed, once SGX is detected on the platform.  Please verify that your platform has SGX enabled in the BIOS (actually "Enabled", not "Software Controlled").  Once that occurs, Windows should install the PSW automatically after the next Windows Update.  The easiest way to verify this has occurred is by checking the Windows Device Manager and looking under "Software Components" for the "Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Device" (see attached image).

Regards.

Scott

0 Kudos
JS__KIM
Beginner
Thanks so much for the reply Scott.

By the way, I still got a problem. As you said, my BIOS state for SGX is "Software Controlled". I tried to change to "Enabled" but I have only two choice, "Software Controlled" and "Disabled". My CPU is i7-7700. And I checked my BIOS version and updated to the latest version. My mainboard is ASUS PRIME B250M-K version 1205 x64(5. 11. 2018) and its firmware version is 11.8.50.3470. (Before Update, its version was 0809 x64 and firmware version 11.7.0.1229)

But finally I am at the same place with same problem. My BIOS still has only two choice, "Software Controlled" and "Disabled" and PSW Install does not work.What should I do to solve this problem?
0 Kudos
Scott_R_Intel
Employee

Hello again.

Please see the sgx_enable_device API.  It should help you enable a platform that is in "Software Controlled" mode.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/sgx-sdk-dev-reference-sgx-enable-device

Regards.

Scott

0 Kudos
golovinski__nitzan

Hi

running into the same problem with the operating system

but' when accessing the device manager; can't find the intel sgx or even "software component"

my computer supposed to be able to download intel SGX PSW

windows update is up to date 

kind regards

0 Kudos