Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

sgx_get_ps_cap not working on windows

Alice_W_
Beginner

Hi,

The following function calls are not working on my system: 

1) sgx_get_ps_cap() returns error 0x4001 (while running the SealedData example)

2) sgx_get_trusted_time() returns SGX_ERROR_UNEXPECTED

Other operations, like enclave creation and other ECALLs are working.

Is there anything in particular I need to configure to be able to successfully call these functions?

Configuration:

Dell Latitude E7270

Windows 10 64bit

Visual Studio 15

PSW Version: 1.8.106.40803

SDK Version: 1.8.105.40539

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hoang_N_Intel
Employee

There is a similar discussion that is related to your reported issue at https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-guard-extensions-intel-sgx/topic/614715

I did a quick search to find the Intel Management Engine driver for your Dell model at Dell Support site.

Please evaluate and see whether you need to install this driver at http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=X37VM to help address your current issue.

0 Kudos
Alice_W_
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Hoang.

I've tried to install the driver you suggested, however it aborts with the following error: "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/remove Programs on the Control Panel." But there is no other version of this installed that I can see. Unless it was installed as part of some other program..

Moreover, in the Device Manager the ME interface driver is installed and reports “This device is working properly” as device status (Driver version 11.5.0.1019). However, the following device (the management engine interface?) is reported as not started in the events tab:

- MEIx64:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A&SUBSYS_06DB1028&REV_21\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem59.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: MEIx64
Lower Filters: 
Upper Filters: 
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

Is this normal? Any other suggestions?
0 Kudos