Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
119 Discussions

Extend display feature does not available on surface laptop 5.

JSKIM
Beginner
Hello, I am using Intel Unison to connect my Surface Laptop 5 with my iPad and iPhone.
I'm very happy with the Intel Unison application as it works very well with my iPhone and iPad.
However, I am not satisfied that the display extension feature does not support products with 12th Gen Intel CPUs like the Surface Laptop 5.
Therefore, I would like to ask you to improve Intel Unison to support that Surface Laptop 5 could use extended screen feature.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hi JSKIM,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To check your request, please provide us with the following information:

1. Exact Operating System used with the Surface Laptop 5
  2. Exact Unison Version

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JSKIM
Beginner

장치 이름 Surface
프로세서 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1235U 2.50 GHz
설치된 RAM 16.0GB(15.8GB 사용 가능)
시스템 종류 64비트 운영 체제, x64 기반 프로세서
펜 및 터치 펜과 10개 터치 포인트 지원

에디션 Windows 11 Home
버전 23H2
설치 날짜 ‎2024-‎03-‎04
OS 빌드 22631.3447
일련 번호 0F00TT723273FB
경험 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

Intel® Unison™
version u:20.21.6472.0/c:20.21.8515.0
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi JSKIM,

Thanks for your reply.

In order to take advantage of the premium features of Intel® Unison™ Extended Display, it is essential that your system meets the Recommended System Requirements. The use of a 12th generation CPU is the primary factor preventing support for this feature in your system. I acknowledge your suggestion to enhance Intel Unison for compatibility with additional CPU models. Rest assured, I will forward your request to our team and provide you with an update as soon as I receive a response.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi JSKIM,

Thank you for your patience.

The observed behavior aligns with expectations as the hardware specifications fall short of the requirements for the premium version. Additionally, your suggestion for a feature request or improvement has been considered; however, it is constrained by existing hardware limitations.

Should you have any further inquiries or need clarification, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi JSKIM,

I'm following up to check whether you have had the chance to review our prior correspondence. If you have, kindly acknowledge receipt and do not hesitate to reach out if there are any aspects you'd like to discuss or require further explanation on.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi JSKIM,

As we have not heard from you for the past few days, we will go ahead and close this thread. If you need help in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos