Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
80 Discussions

Unison cannot make/receive calls

PeteGilbert
Beginner

Installed on Surface Pro 6 under Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Build 22631.3235. 

All working except calls:  I get:

Intel Unison is not your default app for call handling.
Open the PC application you currently use for calling, and disable call handling.

I have disabled Phone Link.  I cannot find a PC application that is used for calling, and Intel Unison is the default app for TEL.

Can you instruct how to cure this please?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Hello Pete

To resolve the issue with Intel Unison not being recognized as the default app for call handling on your Surface Pro 6, you can try the following steps:

1. Check Default Apps Settings:• Go toSettings>Apps>Default Apps.

• Under the 'Choose default apps by protocol' section, find the TEL protocol and set Intel Unison as the default app.

2. Run Troubleshooters:• Use theWindows Store Appstroubleshooter to check for any issues with the Unison app.

• Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter to ensure there are no connectivity problems.

3. Allow Background Apps:• Make sure Intel Unison is allowed to run in the background. This setting can be found inSettings>Privacy>Background apps.

4. Reset Intel Unison App:• Go toSettings>Apps>Installed apps.

• Find Intel Unison, click on the three dots, and select Advanced options.

• Under the Reset section, you can try the Repair option first. If that doesn't work, use the Reset option.

5. Reinstall Intel Unison:• If none of the above steps work, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the Intel Unison app.

Remember to back up any important data before making significant changes to your system settings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Max

0 Kudos
PeteGilbert
Beginner
I did as you described. Didn't work. However after a couple of PC shut downs and starts it just worked without any intervention.
0 Kudos
Heken
Beginner

I have the same trouble with Unison.

Tried the steps above but still cant choose to use Unison as default app from "tel" links.

0 Kudos