Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
96 Discussions

Unison iPhone app asking for initial setup after working fine- won’t connect with phone or code

Family-tech-support
Unison was working just fine on my PC and iPhone. I opened the app after it updated in the Apple App Store and it’s pushing me through the initial app setup. The PC doesn’t see the app as linked anymore. This has been working for months.

I’ve done the following steps to troubleshoot but it doesn’t make a difference.

-Tried to re-add the phone to the unison app after removing the entry. The iPhone app says “check you phones connection and try again.” Putting the code in says the code is incorrect.

-removed the phone from my PCs Bluetooth devices.
-removed my PC from my phone’s Bluetooth devices.
-repaired, reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the app from windows store.
-deleted and reinstalled the app from my iPhone.
-made sure my router is using Google DNS because why not.
-pairing my phone and my PC manually.

None of this works anymore. I can’t understand why the unison app worked a week ago and now it’s pushing me through the initial setup and failing at the “Ready to Connect” screen.

My PC and phone both meet all the requirements.
Labels (1)
1 Solution
Family-tech-support
Updating the app fixed this issue for me just like it fixed the issue in so many other threads.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
phcella
Novice

Hi,

I'm stuck with the same problem...

On the pc, it still linked, and receiving notifications. And when I opened the app on phone, it was on "Ready to connect?" screen.

And after I delete the connection on the pc, I can't link again.. I tried all steps that Family-tech-support tried, and with no success!

0 Kudos
Family-tech-support
Updating the app fixed this issue for me just like it fixed the issue in so many other threads.
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Family-tech-support,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

You must have been baffled on the issue that ran into, since it was already paired initially and working. We will work with you to find a solution to your concern.

We appreciate the initial troubleshooting that you provided. We have an article made for the issue that you are facing titled, Intel® Unison™ App Bluetooth Pairing Failure. Although some of the steps that you had done are included on that page, we want to confirm if you have tried turning off the bluetooth radio of both your phone and PC for 3 to 5 seconds after you removed the paired device on each system.

If there are steps on the article that you have not done yet, please try it as well.

Kindly confirm if you are still able to pair other bluetooth devices to your PC.

If the app is still not pairing with your PC, please provide the following information:

a.     Version of the Iphone App 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Family-tech-support,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Family-tech-support,

Just to confirm, was your issue solved after an application update?

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
Family-tech-support
This is correct. The application update fixed this issue for myself and many others here.
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Family-tech-support, 

Thank you for confirming that the issue was resolved by a software update.

We are glad to know the problem is already resolved.

If you would like to give us an update or if you have further questions, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos