Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*

SYCL feature test compile failed!

Jervie
Novice

Hi,

I installed LLVM following Getting Started with oneAPI DPC++ — oneAPI DPC++ Compiler documentation (intel.github.io)
I used it to compile an application called cloudsc_sycl, downloaded from GitHub - ecmwf-ifs/dwarf-p-cloudsc at nams_pvc_sycl

Following are some settings in env.sh and toolchain.cmake under dwarf-p-cloudsc-nams/arch/ecmwf/hpc2020/intel-sycl/2024.1 dir:
env.sh:
export IntelSYCL_DIR="/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2024.1/lib/cmake/IntelSYCL"
export HDF5_ROOT="/usr/local/cloudsc_sycl_libs"

toolchain.cmake:
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "/opt/Downloads/intel/llvm/build/bin/clang++")
set(CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER "/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2024.1/bin/ifort")

set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "-O3 -L/opt/Softwares/gcc122/lib64 -lstdc++ -L/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2024.1/lib -liomp5 ")
set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -fsycl-early-optimizations -fsycl")
set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -fsycl-targets=nvptx64-nvidia-cuda")
set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -Xsycl-target-backend --cuda-gpu-arch=sm_80")
set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -I/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2024.1/include -I/opt/Softwares/gcc122/include/c++/12.2.0")

I compiled the application using "./cloudsc-bundle build --clean --build-dir=build-sycl --with-gpu --with-sycl --arch=arch/ecmwf/hpc2020/intel-sycl/2024.1" on A100 GPU,and met the following error:

-- [dwarf-p-cloudsc] (1.4.0)
-- Feature TESTS enabled
-- Could NOT find OpenACC_Fortran (missing: OpenACC_Fortran_FLAGS) (found version "1.0")
-- dwarf-p-cloudsc FOUND OpenACC
-- Found package OpenACC required for feature ACC
-- Feature ACC enabled
SYCL feature test compile failed!
compile output is:
CMake Error at /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2024.1/lib/cmake/IntelSYCL/IntelSYCLConfig.cmake:287 (SYCL_FEATURE_TEST_EXTRACT):
SYCL_FEATURE_TEST_EXTRACT Function invoked with incorrect arguments for
function named: SYCL_FEATURE_TEST_EXTRACT
Call Stack (most recent call first):
ecbuild/cmake/ecbuild_find_package.cmake:239 (find_package)
ecbuild/cmake/ecbuild_add_option.cmake:226 (ecbuild_find_package)
cloudsc-dwarf/CMakeLists.txt:73 (ecbuild_add_option)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Jervie, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
yzh_intel

Hi, Is your issue fixed ? I checked out the github link, but couldn't find the 2024.1 folder you mentioned.

I just see this folder arch/ecmwf/hpc2020/intel-sycl/2021.4.0

0 Kudos