Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Any way to get a STATIC MKL library?

WSinc
New Contributor I

since trying to link to the DLL version gives nothing but problems, (except for when I use VS 2010)

I was linking maybe there is a way to use a static version of it instead.

That way, I can see if that missing entry point is anywhere.

and the BUILDLOG might give me a clue what's going on.

Otherwise, I may have to avoid any upgrades of my Visual Studio.

Of course, if I can force the VS2013 to use the static library, that might solve the problem.

You would think INTEL would want to avoid any problems that hurt sales of their products, but apparently they dont care much about that.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You can try static linking of MKL and assess whether that suits your needs; see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor, and select "static linking" after selecting the compiler version, OS, etc.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I tried that, but it is such a GODAWFUL confusing mess, I am not sure how to proceed.

There are several choices there I do not understand.

Is there a way to get a telephone consultation ?

I am willing to pay for that - someone needs to get on my computer and advise me about anything

in my environment that might be causing these problems. I have a fairly modern setup with a 64-bit Intel CPU.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

billsincl wrote:
 I tried that, but it is such a GODAWFUL confusing mess, I am not sure how to proceed.

Do you mean that you attempted to link and got confusing message, or are not sure how to complete making the choices in the MKL Link Line Advisor?

billsincl wrote:
There are several choices there I do not understand.

Only if you name them can one attempt to help. See if the attached screenshot helps -- I have guessed what software you have, so you may need to modify some of the choices.

billsincl wrote:
 ... advise me about anything in my environment that might be causing these problems. I have a fairly modern setup with a 64-bit Intel CPU.

Open an Ifort command window, type the command set > env.txt, and provide the resulting file env.txt in your reply after removing any lines that contain sensitive information such as passwords and serial numbers.

0 Kudos