Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

Avoiding the Initializing libguide.lib error on a third party computer

jpharvey1981
Beginner
Hi,

I am trying to use thepardiso routine with a multi-core computer on which I have installed the last IA-32 redistributable package. When I launch my application, I get the following error message:

OMP abort: Initializing libguide.lib but found libiomp5md.dll already initialized

I am aware of the following thread :

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-omp-abort-initializing-libguidelib-but-found-libguide40lib-already/

To correct the problematic, I added the following line in my code:

success=SETENVQQ( KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=true)

However, I wanna be sure that the dll used to manage multithreading of the mkl library is the best one. Reading the previous quoted thread did not help me to understand if this way of fixing the problem is the optimal procedure (is the program using libiomp5md.dll or libguide40.dll)...

Is there a better way to fix the problem and ensure the best performance of the mkl library. Iuse the MVS interface to compile my projects...
0 Kudos
1 Reply
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
Hi,

Could you please send more details: MKL version, linking line, small test case if possible to reproduce your problem?
0 Kudos