Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

CPARDISO error

asd__asdqwe
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to solve a SPD matrix with CPARDISO but it fails with the following error:

*** Error in PARDISO  (     insufficient_memory) error_num= 10
*** Error in PARDISO memory allocation: SOLVING_ITERREF_WORK_DATA, allocation of 1 bytes failed

The matrix is of size 90 x 90, and I have up to 4 GB of free RAM before runing the job on 2 MPI processes.

I'm attaching the program, can you reproduce this behavior on your side ?

Thank you for your help.

$ icpc -V                                                                                                            1
Intel(R) C++ Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 15.0.2.164 Build 20150121
Copyright (C) 1985-2015 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

$ mpicxx -cxx=icpc cl_solver_sym_c.cpp -std=c++11 /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.so /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.so /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.so /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.so -liomp5

$ mpirun -np 2 ./a.out 
*** Error in PARDISO  (     insufficient_memory) error_num= 10
*** Error in PARDISO memory allocation: SOLVING_ITERREF_WORK_DATA, allocation of 1 bytes failed
total memory wanted here: 319 kbyte

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

please check the problem with the latest version of MKL we released the last week. MKL 11.2 Update 2.

0 Kudos
asd__asdqwe
Beginner

Please let me know if you can't reproduce the error. I have other matrices that are failing too, but some are working. This might be an architecture specific bug.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

it looks like your input matrix is not spd. please try to set type ==-2 and check how it works

0 Kudos