Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6437 Discussions

Call objective function in Parallel in jacobi matrix calculation function (djacobix)

Maosi_C_
Beginner

I'm learning to use the Non-linear optimization in the Intel Math Kernel Library. My starting point is the the example code "ex_nlsqp_bc_c_x.c" in the directory "examples_core\solverc\source".

In its RCI loop (Line 202-294), the jacobi matrix calculation function (djacobix) is called. Since it will call the objective function (e.g. extended_powell in the example) many times and my real objective function is time-consuming, I am wondering are the evaluations of the objective function performed in parallel? How do I make it happen? Do I need to change the code? Or Only some project property settings is needed?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Pls look at the extended_powell routine -- you can manually threaded this circle and also this can be easy vectorized.  

Maosi_C_
Beginner

Gennady, Thank you for your reply.

I understand the extended_powell routine is a simple forward model, which can be easily threaded or vectorized. However, the real forward model I am about to use is much more complicated and impossible to threaded or vectorized (accumulated variables depending on the previous time step). That's why I need to know does djacobix call the forward model in parallel and how.