Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Error occured when calling mkl_sparse_z_add(...). Please help.

Dan_Ghiocel
Beginner

Dear Intel MKL experts,

I add two sparse matrices that are COO format via mkl_sparse_z_add(...) of the Inspector-executor Sparse BLAS Routines.

I got the following error information. I don't understand why? Based on my limited experience, it is caused by accessing array out of index range. But  the Inspector-executor sparse BLAS routines handles inside itself. I created matrix ,mat_a, by calling

Ierr = mkl_sparse_z_create_coo (mat_a, 1, n_c, n_c, nnz_a, rowind, colind, coo)

Ierr ==0, which says creating mat_a correct. I did same thing to create matrix , which is also correct.

Ierr = mkl_sparse_z_create_coo (mat_b, 1, n_c, n_c, nnz_b, rowind, colind, coo)

But when I call subroutine to add them together, I got the error and code crashed.

Ierr = mkl_sparse_z_add (SPARSE_OPERATION_NON_TRANSPOSE, mat_a, beta, mat_b, mat_c)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

forrtl: severe (157): Program Exception - access violation
     Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source

mkl_intel_thread.  00007FFD8C5A8B41  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
    test_spmat_add.ex  00007FF7650E2093  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please help me to find what reason causes the code crashed. Please show me an example, if it is possible.

Thanks.

Dan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Dan, I see the problem on my side too. The problem affects COO format only. As a temporarily workaround the problem is to make the addition by himself. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The issue is escalated. We will keep you informed when the fix the problem will be available.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

the issue has been fixed in MKL 11.3.4. please check how it works on your side.

0 Kudos