Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6957 Discussions

Error when running PARDISO in 64-bit application

chdthanh
Beginner
Dear all:

Could you please help me to solve severe<157>: Program Exception-access violation when I run a 64-bit application?

The following is my situation.

I use an PARDISO example (pardiso_sym_f90.f90)given by MKL to compile an 64-bit application on win7. However, when I run the application, I got running error <157>.

When compile the application, I set properties of the project as follows

1. Fortran -> Additional Include Directories: C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\mkl\\include

2. Linkder -> General: C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\mkl\\lib\\intel64

3. Linker -> Input: mkl_intel_ilp64.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide.lib mkl_solver_ilp64.lib

I successed to compile using ifor 10.1.024.

But I got the error when running the application.

Please help me.
Thank you in advance.
Thanh
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi,
Could you check that you compile and run your project in way recommended by this article (http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-math-kernel-library-intel-mkl-compiling-and-linking-with-microsoft-visual-cc/)?
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
chdthanh
Beginner
Dear Alexander Kalinkin:

When I right-click project name, I could not see option Intel (Fortran?) Composer XE2011 in the pop-up menu as shown in figure.
Therefore I have not yet solved the running error even though I can compile.

Could you please explain me more?
Thank you.
Thanh
0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2
Thanh,
Which version of visual studio and MKL do you use?
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
chdthanh
Beginner
Dear Alexander Kalinkin:

I use MS Visual Studio 2008 and Intel Fortran compiler 10.1.024.
MKL is trial version 10.3.5.221.

I also have registered license for MKL 10.0.3 but it has only for ia32 and ia64. I think the version I have does not support intel64 so that I tried to use the trial version. Am I right?

Please help me.
Thank you.
Thanh
0 Kudos
chdthanh
Beginner

Dear all,

Could you please help me to solve error when I run a 64-bit application, particularly pardiso?

I use 64bit-win7. Intel fortran compiler 10.1.04 and MKL ComposerXE-2011\mkl\lib\intel64.

I can built but got error when running.

Thank you,
Thanh

0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
Hi,

You wrote that ILP64 MKL interface is used to link your application:
3. Linker -> Input: mkl_intel_ilp64.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide.lib mkl_solver_ilp64.lib

Maybe, your application was compiled to use LP64 model so, mkl_intel_lp64.libis to be used.
Also pleasetry Intel MKL Link Line Advisorto correctly link with MKL.
As to libguide, it's obsolete and libiomp5md is recommended with your compiler.
0 Kudos
chdthanh
Beginner
Hello Victor:

By changing input file as you suggested I managed to compile and run x64 application. Thank you very much.
Thanh
0 Kudos