Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Errors compiling TR Solver Fortran-77 example

Jorge1
Beginner

Hi all

I copied the TR Solver Fortran-77 example: "ex_nlsqp_f.f" to my home directory and tried to compile it but I get a lot of errors as is shown below. I would appreciate any help. I add the option "-logo" to provide information about the installed product in the output.

Thanks you all!

Jorge

[...]$ ifort -logo -I/opt/intel/mkl/include -o ex_nlsqp_ f ex_nlsqp_f.f -L/opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32 /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_intel.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_solver_sequ ential.a

Intel(R) Fortran 12.0-1311
GNU ld version 2.20.51.0.2-20.fc13 20091009

Copyright (C) 1985-2011 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY

/opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_intel.a(_djacobi.o): In function `DJACOBI_': _djacobi.c:(.text+0x29): undefined reference to `mkl_trs_djacobi'
/opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dnlsqp.o): In function `mkl_trs_dmintrpd_r ci_f':
../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dnlsqp.f:(.text+0x3cb): undefined referenc e to `mkl_blas_dgemv'
/opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dnlsqpbc.o): In function `mkl_trs_dmintrns elc_rci_f':
../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x448): undefined refere nce to `mkl_blas_dgemv'
/opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dtsnlsqpbc.o): In function `mkl_trs_dmintr _ls_lc':
../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x546): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemv'
../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x98e): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemv'
../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x9ca): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemv'
/opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dtsnlsqpbc.o):
../../../../solvers_tr/kerne l/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0xb39): more undefined references to `mkl_blas_dge mv' follow /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dtsnlsqpbc.o): In function `mkl_trs_dmintr _ls_lc': ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0xd0c): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemm' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0xd76): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemm' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0xdbc): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemm' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0xe26): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemm' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0xe6c): undefined refe rence to `mkl_blas_dgemm' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x120f): undefined ref erence to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x124b): undefined ref erence to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x1371): undefined ref erence to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc.f:(.text+0x13ad): undefined ref erence to `mkl_blas_dgemv' /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dtsnlsqp.o): In function `mkl_trs_dmintr_l s_pd': ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqp.f:(.text+0x89): undefined referen ce to `mkl_blas_dgemm' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqp.f:(.text+0xbe): undefined referen ce to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqp.f:(.text+0x262): undefined refere nce to `mkl_lapack_dpotrf' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqp.f:(.text+0x5ce): undefined refere nce to `mkl_lapack_dpotrf' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqp.f:(.text+0xb63): undefined refere nce to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqp.f:(.text+0xc6f): undefined refere nce to `mkl_blas_dgemv' /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dtsnlsqpbc_sub.o): In function `mkl_trs_dm intr_ls_npd': ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc_sub.f:(.text+0x92): undefined r eference to `mkl_blas_dgemm' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc_sub.f:(.text+0xcc): undefined r eference to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc_sub.f:(.text+0x28a): undefined reference to `mkl_lapack_dpotrf' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc_sub.f:(.text+0xadc): undefined reference to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc_sub.f:(.text+0xc14): undefined reference to `mkl_blas_dgemv' ../../../../solvers_tr/kernel/default/dtsnlsqpbc_sub.f:(.text+0xdf7): undefined reference to `mkl_lapack_dpotrf' /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dtrtrs.o): In function `mkl_lapack_dtrtrs' : __tmp_dtrtrs.f:(.text+0x1da): undefined reference to `mkl_serv_xerbla' __tmp_dtrtrs.f:(.text+0x27d): undefined reference to `mkl_blas_dtrsm' /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a(dpotrs.o): In function `mkl_lapack_dpotrs' : __tmp_dpotrs.f:(.text+0xd4): undefined reference to `mkl_serv_xerbla' __tmp_dpotrs.f:(.text+0x142): undefined reference to `mkl_blas_dtrsm' __tmp_dpotrs.f:(.text+0x188): undefined reference to `mkl_blas_dtrsm' __tmp_dpotrs.f:(.text+0x1d2): undefined reference to `mkl_blas_dtrsm' __tmp_dpotrs.f:(.text+0x218): undefined reference to `mkl_blas_dtrsm'

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There are some extraneous spaces in your command line as shown above; for example, you have "libmkl_solver_sequ ential.a", with a space between "sequ" and "ential". Secondly, your specify the -L path option but then list the full paths to the library files, so the -L option has no real effect on what follows.

Considering that you are working on a simple example, you could try the much simpler compile/link command:

[bash]$ ifort -mkl ex_nlsqp_f.f -o ex_nlsqp[/bash]

0 Kudos
Zhang_Z_Intel
Employee

There are problems in your command line. You should try this:

ifort -I/opt/intel/mkl/include -o ex_nlsqp_ f ex_nlsqp_f.f -Wl,--start-group  /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_intel.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_sequential.a /opt/intel/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group -lpthread -lm

There is an online tool to help you sort out the link line arguments: http://software.intel.com/sites/products/mkl/

0 Kudos
Jorge1
Beginner

Thanks for your helpful and quick replay!!! The extraneous spaces in my command line emerged during the process of copy and paste. Sorry about that! I´ll be more careful next time. The compile/link command you proposed work perfectly at compilation time but at run time it gave me the error:

./ex_nlsqp: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_intel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I avoided the error modifying the compile/link command linking all libraries statically:

$ ifort -mkl -static-intel ex_nlsqp_f.f -o ex_nlsqp

It would be interesting to find a solution linking all libraries dynamically.

mecej4 wrote:

There are some extraneous spaces in your command line as shown above; for example, you have "libmkl_solver_sequ ential.a", with a space between "sequ" and "ential". Secondly, your specify the -L path option but then list the full paths to the library files, so the -L option has no real effect on what follows.

Considering that you are working on a simple example, you could try the much simpler compile/link command:

$ ifort -mkl ex_nlsqp_f.f -o ex_nlsqp

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
./ex_nlsqp: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_intel.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The solution is simple. If $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, set it to the directory containing libmkl_intel_so. If the variable is set, add the directory to it by using the command: [bash]export LD_LIBRARY_PATH={path to Intel MKL lib directory}:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH[/bash]
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Sourcing either the compilervars or mklvars script supplied with Intel compilers would set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

0 Kudos
E__Armando_Marti
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'm giving up! my goal was to compile and run some fortran codes using dfti. At this point I succed compiling and linking but I do ha a run time error. 

Heredown details:

Platform mac os x lion

software: composer_xe_2013.1.119

compiling script:

ifort -o exec $1 $2 $3 -L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013/mkl/lib /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013/mkl/lib/libmkl_intel_ilp64.dylib -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -I/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013/include -i8

run time error:

dyld: Library not loaded: libmkl_intel_ilp64.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/erwin/calculos/Maxwell_calc/./exec
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

That it is! Can you help me please guys?

Thanks,

Erwin

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Do
man dyld
Probably, the environmental variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set or is not set to include the flagged shared library's path.
0 Kudos