Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Failed using OpenMP Threading Library in the VS2019 with MKL 2021.3

CrazyWilliam
Beginner

Hello, Experts

I am an newbie using intel MKL. Recently, I developed my source code in the VS2019 IDE environment. First, I started with the sequential mode, and the compilation is correct, and the final executable file can be executed correctly.

Then I tried the parallel mode by using OpenMP threading library. Environments setting are below:

1.  VC++ Directories/Include Directories: <Root>\oneAPI\mkl\2021.3.0\include

2. VC++ Directories/Library Directories: <Root>\oneAPI\mkl\2021.3.0\lib\intel64 and <Root>\oneAPI\compiler\2021.3.0\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win

3. Linker/Input: mkl_intel_lp64.lib,  mkl_intel_thread.lib,  mkl_core.liblibiomp5md.lib

4. C/C++/Code Generation/Runtime Library: Multi-Threaded Debug DLL

2021-09-28_162816.jpg

2021-09-28_162930.jpg

With such settings above, the compilation and building are correct, but when i started debugging, it hits an error. The code i used is one of code examples from Intel official website.

2021-09-28_160625.jpg

with this error, I found the reason is missing the libiomp5md.dll. so I copy this file from "<Root>\oneAPI\compiler\2021.3.0\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler" to the directory where the executable file is. then, I can execute this code without error.

It seems that the "<Root>\oneAPI\compiler\2021.3.0\windows\compiler\lib\intel64_win" in the Library Directories is not functioning. 

Does anyone know how to correct this error in the VS2019, because copying the libiomp5md.dll to directory where the executable file is not an elegant way.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Parallel_exec_dgemm_cblas.PNG

Sequential_exec_dgemm_cblas.PNG

  

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We have tried executing the code "Computing matrix product using Intel(R) MKL dgemm function via CBLAS interface" in both sequential and parallel mode using VS2019 with MKL version. However, the code got compiled and executed successfully. Attached the screenshots for your reference.

We would suggest you to execute the code on oneAPI command prompt and let us know if the issue persists. Besides this, could you please share us the steps followed in installing oneAPI.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Has the solution provided helped. Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos