Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Gripe about DSS interface to PARDISO

Dishaw__Jim
Beginner

This is a problem that I have encountered with the DSS interface on MKL 8.0, 8.1, and the 9 beta.

I had set the values for the rowIndex and columns arrays, however, due to a bug one of the column positions for a few of the rows was wrong. The dss_define_structure and dss_reorder both execute without error. The dss_factor_real call results in an access violation--somewhere in _blklu_unsym_risc_pardiso() + 0x2bbb.

Catching the error before the access violation and generating a more descriptive error message would be handy--it might even be detectable in dss_reorder. Because bounds checking does have a performance impact, so it could optionally be enabled when calling dss_create

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

It would be valuable if you would submit an issue at http://primier.intel.com. This looks like it may be a bug and should be reported as such to assure it gets the attention it deserves.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Dishaw__Jim
Beginner
I tried to make a test case that has the problem and it does not generate the access violation.

What is is odd, when I reintroduce the bug back into my code, I get an access violation at a different location. The error occurs at the dss_reorder() instruction at the "di.dll!_inv_perm_mod_mod_pardiso() + 0xfc6" line.

So, I decided to investigate further. If I set the number of threads via omp_set_num_threads() to more than 1 on a single processor machine I get an access violation.

I am sending the example to Premier support--hopefully the bug will manifest itself.

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for taking the time to submit the issue through your Premier account.

Bruce

0 Kudos