Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

How to link the BLAS library in mkl to compile other packages

HUANGK
Novice

I want to compile the ARPACK++ library, and I downloaded the Intel Fortran Compiler to compile the library. During the compilation process, I was prompted that the BLAS library could not be found. Isn't there a BLAS and LAPACK library in MKL? Why can't I use CMAKE to compile ARPACK directly?

Below is my detail page information

HUANGK_0-1649006114064.png

Your advice is invaluable to me, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>Isn't there a BLAS and LAPACK library in MKL?

Yes, Indeed they are part of MKL library.

This oneMKL library is part of oneAPI Base Toolkit but not HPC Toolkit.

So, could you please confirm if you have downloaded the oneAPI Base Toolkit first?

Also, we suggest you try compiling the ARPACK++ library in the Intel oneAPI command prompt where the setvars script is initialized automatically which will ease the process of finding and linking with necessary Intel components accordingly.

A quick check from our end shows that BLAS/LAPACK was found when trying to compile the arpack++ library in Intel oneAPI command prompt.

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1649050544089.png

You can also do it from the normal windows command prompt but you need to run the setvars.bat file which is under this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI manually before starting to build the arpack++ library.

Hope the provided information helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>Isn't there a BLAS and LAPACK library in MKL?

Yes, Indeed they are part of MKL library.

This oneMKL library is part of oneAPI Base Toolkit but not HPC Toolkit.

So, could you please confirm if you have downloaded the oneAPI Base Toolkit first?

Also, we suggest you try compiling the ARPACK++ library in the Intel oneAPI command prompt where the setvars script is initialized automatically which will ease the process of finding and linking with necessary Intel components accordingly.

A quick check from our end shows that BLAS/LAPACK was found when trying to compile the arpack++ library in Intel oneAPI command prompt.

VidyalathaB_Intel_0-1649050544089.png

You can also do it from the normal windows command prompt but you need to run the setvars.bat file which is under this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI manually before starting to build the arpack++ library.

Hope the provided information helps.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
HUANGK
Novice

Thank you, I have successfully compiled this package using Intel command prompt, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution.

As the issue is resolved we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional information from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Have a Nice Day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos