Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

How to set up the environement of Intel MKL on MacOS?

Kai181216
Beginner

Hi, I'm wondering how to apply the MKL into the system environment. Cuz I have already download and install the oneAPI,  but when I make the use of it, the terminal still said that the 

Intel MKL does not seem to be installed. 5561623663543_.pic.jpg5571623663599_.pic_hd.jpg

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The environment needs to be sourced using the setvars.sh, to make it compatible for MKL to work fine.

You can follow the below link to achieve it.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-programming-guide/top/oneapi-development-environment-setup/use-the-setvars-script-with-linux-or-macos.html

Let us know, if issue persists.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
Kai181216
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! I have already used setvars.sh , while I want to set up in my default environment, but I can't find the /etc/environment file. Is there any detail for the environment setting for MacOS? 

111.png

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

So, do you want to run your MKL executables on default environment, without sourcing the environment every time with setvars.sh ?

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
Kai181216
Beginner

Hi Arpita,

Yes, I want to set MKL as the default environment on my Macbook, so do you have any approach to guidance?

All the best

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Kai,

You can include the oneAPI environment sourcing script in bashrc file. By doing this, every time your default environment gets sourced and you can use oneAPI MKL without running the script every time.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
Kai181216
Beginner

Hi, 

I know how to solve it, many thanks!!

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos