Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Intel parallel studio 2020 error

Kang__JungHun
Beginner

I updated to version 2020.1 and got the following error recompiling my dll

Error MSB3073 The command "mkl_link_tool.exe -libs -c ms_c -a intel64 -l static 2> NUL" exited with code 9009. LNM_Lapack C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v142\ImportBefore\Intel.Libs.MKL.v142.targets 64

line 64 in the Intel.Libs.MKL.v142.targets file corresponds to

<Exec ConsoleToMSBuild="true" EchoOff="true" StandardOutputImportance="low" Command="mkl_link_tool.exe $(MKLArguments) 2&gt; NUL" WorkingDirectory="$(MKLProductDir)\mkl\tools"> <Output TaskParameter="ConsoleOutput" ItemName="_MKLLibraries" /> </Exec>

So VS is trying to start mkl_link_tool in the directory "$(MKLProductDir)\mkl\tools". The problem is that there is no such file in the directory. mkl_link_tool is located in the bin\ directory. Making a copy of the executable in the tool\ solves the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Thanks for raising this issue. 

"mkl_link_tool" is present in $(MKLProductDir)\mkl\bin but VS is looking for this in $(MKLProductDir)\mkl\tools. This issue is specific to update 1.

I will escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

yes, the issue would be fixed the next update of 2020, but for the next version of mkl 2021 and beyond, the location of this tool would be in mklroot/bin folder.

0 Kudos