Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Linker Problem with MKL Fast Poisson solver

Bone__J
Beginner

Hello all,

I have written a code in C++ for fluid dynamics simulations. I develop it in Qt Creator (4.2.1, based on Qt 5.8.0 (MSVC 2015, 32 bit)) on Windows10 and mingw32.

Part of the code requires the fast poisson solver (#include "mkl_poisson.h") and the corresponding cartesian routines of mkl.

The code compiles however whenever I try to call a function from the library I get the dreaded

---Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load mkl_intel_thread.dll.----

error message. This appears to be a common issue, especially for some Python libraries.

I have a brand new copy of the MKL libraries (2019.3.203) and have tried:

1) Including libraries (IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.3.203\windows\redist\ia32_win\mkl) and compiler libs (IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2019.3.203\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler) into my path, and separately (after removing paths)

2) Linking directly to the necessary libraries in the build tree

LIBS += -lmkl_rt, LIBS += -lmkl_intel_thread etc.

But I still get the problem. The issue does not seem to happen on my work PC, so I figured it must be some dependency issue, which is why I downloaded the new MKL libraries to trial method 1) above. Unfortunately the same error occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies