Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL FFT Error in Example Code in Linux

Giri_Ajay__Adhyanth

Hello!
I was trying to learn about the MKL FFT libraries and wanted to check how the example programs ran, but when I check the output files, it says there is an error, status = 2 while trying to create the descriptor for a 1D array with Double Precision.

I'm attaching the example code (basic_dp_complex_dft_1d.f90) and my executable link (link1.txt - might have to use chmod 700) for the example code. Not sure if I am linking the program properly or not. 

I am not able to figure out if I am wrong in the executable link file - which I had used from the MKL Link Advisor - or if the MKL is installed properly. Could you please help me out with why I am not able to get the proper output for the example code?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You used the library libmkl_intel_ilp64.a -- note that ILP64 libraries are appropriate only if integer arguments being passed to MKL libraries are 8-byte integers. You should probably use an LP64 library. Alternatively, if you do use 8-byte integer arguments, specify the appropriate compiler flag for treating default integers as 8-byte integers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You used the library libmkl_intel_ilp64.a -- note that ILP64 libraries are appropriate only if integer arguments being passed to MKL libraries are 8-byte integers. You should probably use an LP64 library. Alternatively, if you do use 8-byte integer arguments, specify the appropriate compiler flag for treating default integers as 8-byte integers.

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Adhyanth,

I guess that mecej4 did solve your problem, right?

Thanks,

Khang

0 Kudos
Giri_Ajay__Adhyanth

Hi Khang,

Yes. mecej4 did solve my issue.

Thanks for checking the thread though.

- Adhyanth

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Adhyanth,

I am glad to hear that mecej4 was able to fix your issue.  mecej4 is an Intel(R) MKL expert.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly or indirectly should you have any questions relating to Intel(R) MKL.

Best,

Khang

0 Kudos
Giri_Ajay__Adhyanth

Hi Khang,

I have a query, which I hope you could help me with. I am currently working on using MKL's FFT for a 2D grid with discrete grid points. 

I am able to generate good results when the number of grid points is less than a certain value. Anything above that leads to practically impossible results.

Is it because MKL FFT has a limitation in this aspect? Because I tried the same code with FFTW, but I was not getting any such errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards!

- Adhyanth

0 Kudos