Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL v11.1.2 link failure with scalapack

John_Young
New Contributor I

Hi,

After updating from MKL 11.0.5 to 11.1.2, I keep getting link failures on mkl_scalapack_ilp64.lib.  After some searching, I see that for 11.0.5, all mkl library files are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\lib\intel64

but after updating, I see that the mkl library files are spread across

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\mkl\lib\intel64
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\mkl\lib\mic

In particular, the mkl_scalapack_ilp64.lib and mkl_blacs_intelmpi_ilp64.lib are no longer in mkl\lib\intel64. I see a

libmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.a
     libmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.so
     libmkl_scalapack_ilp64.a
     libmkl_scalapack_ilp64.so

in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\mkl\lib\mic. 

How am I supposed to link to scalapack/blacs in MKL 11.1.2?  I'm using VS2010, Windows 7. 

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

you don't  see these libraries in ../intel64 folder because of the new Install Option has been introduced since MKL v.11.1 - please see more details follow this link: "http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intelr-mkl-new-install-option". You need to reinstall MKL again and select "Cluster Support for Intel64" item.

0 Kudos
John_Young
New Contributor I

Gennady Fedorov (Intel) wrote:

you don't  see these libraries in ../intel64 folder because of the new Install Option has been introduced since MKL v.11.1 - please see more details follow this link: "http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intelr-mkl-new-install-option". You need to reinstall MKL again and select "Cluster Support for Intel64" item.

I see. Is there a way from the "Intel Software Manager" to force a re-install?  I do not see how to re-install MKL from the software manager.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

I am not sure how to do that, pls let me short time - I will ask Install Engineers to help us with this problem..  

0 Kudos
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee

Hello John,

Please open ISM application, then go to “Downloads” tab, and you can find the link the downloading location at the bottom of the tab. Please click on the link and open ISM downloading folder. Please find MKL 11.1.2.xxx archive executable and start it.

It extract the package and got to the modify mode. Please select Cluster Support for Intel64" item and proceed with modifying.

Please contact me in this forum if you need a further installation support.

Thank you,

• Nikolay
0 Kudos
John_Young
New Contributor I

Nikolay Lyubshin (Intel) wrote:

Hello John,

Please open ISM application, then go to “Downloads” tab, and you can find the link the downloading location at the bottom of the tab. Please click on the link and open ISM downloading folder. Please find MKL 11.1.2.xxx archive executable and start it.

It extract the package and got to the modify mode. Please select Cluster Support for Intel64" item and proceed with modifying.

Please contact me in this forum if you need a further installation support.

Thank you,

• Nikolay

Thanks. Everything works well now.

0 Kudos