Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL

handshakeit
Beginner
What is Maths Kernel Library.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Todd_R_Intel
Employee

There's a lot of good information on this subject at our product website: http://www.intel.com/software/products/mkl.

Todd

0 Kudos
fishertommy
Beginner
How to compile the examples came with MKL? It seems Intel FORTRAN 9.0 fails to recognize Intel MKL 8.0. When I compile the example "get_gglse" in MS Visual Studio .NET, following are the error messages:
------ Build started: Project: get_gglse, Configuration: Debug|Win32 ------

Compiling with Intel Fortran 9.0...
ifort /nologo /Zi /Od /include:"C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1include" /include:"C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includecvf" /module:"Debug/" /object:"Debug/" /traceback /check:bounds /libs:qwin /dbglibs /c "D:Liquid CystalBiaxial FilmFor_testget_gglsegglse.f90"
C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(26) : Error: This statement is positioned incorrectly and/or has syntax errors.
MODULE MKL95_PRECISION
^
C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(29) : Error: This is an invalid statement; an END [PROGRAM] statement is required.
END MODULE MKL95_PRECISION
^
C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(29) : Error: This name does not match the unit name. [MKL95_PRECISION]
END MODULE MKL95_PRECISION
-----------^
C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(36) : Error: Error in opening the Library module file. [MKL95_PRECISION]
USE MKL95_PRECISION, ONLY: WP => SP
--------------------^
C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(38) : Error: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [WP]
REAL(WP), INTENT(INOUT) :: A(:,:)
---------------------^
C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(36) : Error: Unresolved rename. [WP]
USE MKL95_PRECISION, ONLY: WP => SP

C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(114) : Error: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [WP]
REAL(WP), INTENT(INOUT) :: DL(:)
---------------------^
C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0.1includemkl_lapack.f90(115) : Error: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [WP]
REAL(WP), INTENT(INOUT) :: D(:)
---------------------^
(11901) : Severe: Too many errors, exiting
compilation aborted for D:For_testget_gglsegglse.f90 (code 1)

get_gglse build failed.
0 Kudos
aggiedad
Beginner

Hi all, I have a simular problem.

Using VS 2003, I created a fortran DLL project. added the fortran files from C:Program FilesIntelMKL8.0exampleslas95source.

I added mkl_blas95.lib and libguide.lib (even tried mkl_c.lib) to additional dependencies.

I get the following error during compile

C:PGEMKLTestdtpsvx.f90(26): Error: Error in opening the Library module file. [MKL95_PRECISION]

C:PGEMKLTestdtpsvx.f90(27): Error: Error in opening the Library module file. [MKL95_BLAS]
etc.

Any ideas what I need to modify?

Thank you,

Eric

0 Kudos
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Eric,

the Fortran 95 interfaces to BLAS and LAPACK are supplied as sources, it means you need to add them to your project. This is an excerpt from MKL Getting Started:

Fortran-95 interfaces and wrappers are delivered as sources. The simplest way to use them is building corresponding libraries and linking them as user's libraries. To do this, the user is supposed to have administrator rights. Provided the product directory is open for writing, the procedure is simple: go to the respective directory mkl8.1interfaceslas95 or mkl8.1interfaceslapack95 and type one of the corresponding commands.

As a result you will get *.mod files which compiler needs to see while building your project. You can also extract required interfaces from source files (i.e. mkl_blas.f90)

A.

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

There is one known issue for using mkl_dfti.f90 with Intel Fortran 9.0 compiler. Please see a workaround for this problem:

http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/libraries/mkl/sb/CS-022940.htm

0 Kudos