Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
7036 Discussions

One MKL DFT: Exception on Intel UHD Graphics

BrayanAlfaro
Employee

Hi,

I'm applying the Fourier transform on a video across the time domain, with the following DPC++ code, on which frames = 75 and frameSize = 82944:

MKL_LONG stridesTime[] = { 0, frameSize};
    oneapi::mkl::dft::descriptor<precision::DOUBLE, domain::COMPLEX> handle(frames);
    handle.set_value(config_param::NUMBER_OF_TRANSFORMS, frameSize);
    handle.set_value(config_param::INPUT_STRIDES, stridesTime);
    handle.set_value(config_param::FWD_DISTANCE, 1);
    handle.set_value(config_param::BWD_DISTANCE, 1);
    handle.set_value(config_param::OUTPUT_STRIDES, stridesTime);
    handle.commit(q);
    compute_forward(handle, dataBuffer);

But compute forward throws the exception: 

SYCL exception caught: Non-uniform work-groups are not supported by the target device -54 (CL_INVALID_WORK_GROUP_SIZE)

However, when I change frameSize to 82950, the code runs without problems. What is causing this and how do I solve it?

The hardware device is an Intel UHD Graphics [0x9a60]

Thanks,

Brayan 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Brayan,

Thanks for posting on Intel Communities.

Could you please share with us a sample reproducer/project file and steps(if any) so that we could try reproducing your issue at our end and assist you further?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
BrayanAlfaro
Employee

I attached an example to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Brayan

0 Kudos
BrayanAlfaro
Employee

Is there any requirement in the numeric value of the parameters (i.e. must be multiple of 5)? I noticed the dft works with frameSize = 82950 but not frameSize = 82944.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Brayan,

Work-Group size is specific to the device you use.  Please try running the code with the supported work-group size and do let us know if your issue still persists.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Brayan,

A gentle reminder:

Has the information provided helped? Could you please let us know if we could assist you with any other information?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi Brayan,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos