Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

PARDISO_64 compiler assisted offload

Ivan_K_6
Beginner

Hello, all.

I am trying to offload a call to `pardiso_64` to a mic via compiler assisted offload.

`pardiso_64` returns error code `-12` if it is linked against 32 bit libraries. I am following the instructions from the link line advisor, but still getting `-12`.  Please see the attached makefile.

MKL version 11.2.3 (`composer_xe_2015.3.187`)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

thanks Ivan. at the first glance this looks like a bug. We will check it and will back asap.

0 Kudos
Ivan_K_6
Beginner

Thank you, Gennady.

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello Ivan, 

The behavious should be  by design. 

The manual add the notes:  

NOTE
pardiso_64is supported only in the 64-bit libraries. If pardiso_64is called from the 32-bit libraries,
it returns error=-12.

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos
Ivan_K_6
Beginner

Hello, Ying.

Are you implying that offloading to the MIC (xeon phi) inly supports 32 bit architectures?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

sorry. I'm misunderstand your question.  you worked 64bit with  pardiso_64 , right?   Please ignore the message I mentioned about the 32bit library.

Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Ivan, the problem is reproduced on our side. Affected the latest 11.3 version too. We will keep you updated when the problem would be fixed.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Ivan, please check if the issue exists on your side with the latest update - MKL 11.3 update 1 and let us know the results.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Philipp, the problem was exactly regard to Pardiso_64 API but not Pardiso. That's why you didn't see the problem. 

Yes, that's true - pardiso and pardiso_64 have no differences for compiler assisted offload to MIC when using ILP64 interfaces as well.

0 Kudos