Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

PARDISO error codes

sebpinski
Beginner
I have just started using the mkl implemenation of PARDISO. I have never ran into problems before using the stand alone library versions 3 and 4 but I require use of PARDISO on a cluster of workstations and therefore the liscencing method implemented on the stand alone library is not phesible with multiple hosts.

Having edited my code for the mkl implementation the following error arises during phase 11:

*** Error in PARDISO ( reordering_phase) error_num= -180
*** error PARDISO: reordering, symb. factorization

The error flag is then internally set to -3 which simply means 'reordering problem'.

Could someone please shed some light on error code -180.

Regards,
Seb

mkl version: 10.2
fortran compiler: intel-fc-10.1.018-x86_64
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2
Quoting - sebpinski
I have just started using the mkl implemenation of PARDISO. I have never ran into problems before using the stand alone library versions 3 and 4 but I require use of PARDISO on a cluster of workstations and therefore the liscencing method implemented on the stand alone library is not phesible with multiple hosts.

Having edited my code for the mkl implementation the following error arises during phase 11:

The error flag is then internally set to -3 which simply means 'reordering problem'.

Regards,
Seb

Hi Seb,
Seems to be some problems in symbolic factorization. Could you provide a part of your code with PARDISO calling to deeper understanding problem?
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - sebpinski

Regards,
Seb

seb,
is this windows or linux? and what is this architecrture, 32 or 64 bit?
--Gennady
0 Kudos
sebpinski
Beginner

I'm using linux 64-bit.

The problem is now solved. It turns out that it was my library linking that was the problem even though there were no compiler errors.

I was linking to system installed -pthread when I should have been linking to the mkl's own -lpthread.

Thanks for the help anyway, still not sure what the error code means but hey, it works.
0 Kudos