Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Pardiso crashes in 2017 MKL only when OMP_NUM_THREADS=2

Ferris_H_
Beginner

I have a small matrix that consistently causes pardiso to crash only when I use OMP_NUM_THREADS=2 or 3. My machine has 12 cpus and any other setting for OMP_NUM_THREADS works. The other odd thing is this same matrix solved without any issue in earlier version of Intel compiler ( 2016 ).

I modified the example cl_solver_sym_sp_0_based_c to read in my matrix and reproduce my error. I can share my test case if you like. Or is this a known issue with 2017 Intel compiler?

I have found a workaround is to set iparm[0]=1 . Then I can use any value for OMP_NUM_THREADS. With iparm[0]=0, the crash consistently appears. As mentioned this error is new to 2017 intel compiler. I did not ever experience it before with the same matrix.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

yes, the problem with METIS has been addressed into MKL 2017. Could you please check it on your side and give us the results!

0 Kudos
Ferris_H_
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply, however, the issue I am experiencing is with 2017 MKL. The same matrix solves perfectly in 2016 and older MKL. Seems some bug with the 2017 release. I can provide my test case if you like.

0 Kudos