Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Pardiso (direct/iterative)

ali_z_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having a problem using pardiso solver in MKL library in direct or iterative mode. The manual says to choose between direct or iterative mode simply set the variable SOLVER (0=direct, 1=iterative) in :

call pardisoinit(PT, MTYPE, SOLVER, IPARM, DPARM, ERROR)

However, when i call the above routine the code crashes. It works only if i remove the variable SOLVER from the call. So it only works if i call the following:

call pardisoinit(PT, MTYPE, IPARM, DPARM, ERROR)

I attached the code so you can check it (it's a very small code with simple matrix inversion).

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Ali, have you checked the case with MKL 11.3 update 3?

0 Kudos
ali_z_
Beginner

Gennady, how can i check MKL version? and how can i update it ?

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

there are several way to check this:  1)  pls have a look at the documentation and try to find out the  mklsupport.txt file. 2) or you may open, for example. the MKL's Users Guide and on the front page you will see smth like I see: Developer Guide for Intel® Math Kernel Library 11.3 Update 3 for Windows* OS  

3) call the mkl_get_version() routine and it will print all info about the version you have

0 Kudos
ali_z_
Beginner

thanks Gennady, I was able to find the file mklsupport.txt and it says : Intel(R) Math Kernel Library 11.1 Update 1 for Windows*

How can i update it to 11.3 update 3 for windows ?

Did you check the file i attached if it works fine when choosing direct/iterative in pardiso ?

thanks again !

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

checking into internal database, I see you have EVAL and ACAD licenses only.You may try to take the latest 11.3 for evaluation goals follow this article : https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/free_mkl. You will find out the links for downloading and some more useful details... 

0 Kudos
ali_z_
Beginner

Gennady, my institute already bought intel visual fortran composer xe couple of years ago, and MKL should be included in the package right? So shouldn't this give me right to update MKL to 11.3 ? Also, have you tried the code that i uploaded (setting solver 0 and 1) to make sure it's only a MKL update issue ? 

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

- if the license has been bought two years ago, when I have concern that you have rights to upgrade your version to 11.3.  Please give the S/N to me via private thread, I will check the details.  

- Meantime, you may evaluate version 11.3 from the site, I pointed at the previous tread. 

- no, I didn't check the problem on my side with the latest 11.3.3

0 Kudos