Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Problem running PARDISO example

Polk__Jay
Beginner

Hi--I am trying to use the PARDISO solver on a MacOS and get this error when I try to complie and run the pardiso_unsym_f.f file.  I'm compiling like this:

gfortran pardiso_unsym_f.f -o pardiso_unsym_fexec  ${MKLROOT}/lib/libmkl_intel_ilp64.a ${MKLROOT}/lib/libmkl_intel_thread.a ${MKLROOT}/lib/libmkl_core.a -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl

and I get this error when I run it:

LMC-062490:Fortran jpolk$ ./pardiso_unsym_fexec
 Reordering completed ...
 The following ERROR was detected:           -1
STOP 1

I would appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As documentation states (https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl-developer-reference-c-pardiso#E44B4021-701A-48DA-BA29-70CFA20766AA) this error code means that the input is inconsistent. So I assume something is wrong with the matrix or input parameters.

You can try to turn on the matrix checker, i.e. set iparm(25)=1 (https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl-developer-reference-fortran-pardiso-iparm-parameter) and see whether you'll get more verbose information.

It is hard to say more without looking at your code and input data.

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
Polk__Jay
Beginner

Hi Kirill,  I discovered that I need to compile with lp64 instead of Ilp64.  The example file only works with the 32-bit integer option, apparently. Or maybe I needed to change the type of some of the integer inputs to get it to work with the ilp64 option--maybe that's why it was giving an input inconsistency error.  Thanks for looking into it!

Jay

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

for ILP64 mode: you may redefine all integers as MKL_INT data types and linking your case with -i8 compiler option in the case if you use intel Fortran compiler or -fdefault-integer-8 -m64 options in the case of gnu compiler.

0 Kudos