Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Problems compiling Fortran with Lapack using MKL libraries in linux...

Javier_Gonzalez-plat
I have a fortran program using the module mkl95_lapack.
My script for cstatic compilation is according with the information that I found in the intel documentation
-----------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
OPT="-c -O -w -vec-report0"
INC="-I$MKLROOT/include/ia32"
LIB="-L$MKLROOT/lib/ia32"
LIBOPT="-lmkl_lapack95 -Wl,--start-group $LIB/libmkl_intel.a $LIB/libmkl_sequential.a $LIB/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group -lpthread"
ifort -c resolvedor.f90 -I/opt/intel/include/ia32 $INC
ifort -o lcicres resolvedor.o $LIBOPT
------------------------------------------------------
The compilation was ok because I have the object file but the link procedure fails and I have the next messages:

/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_lapack95.a(cgetrf.o): In function `cgetrf_f95_':
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/cgetrf.f90:(.text+0x2ac): undefined reference to `cgetrf_'
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/cgetrf.f90:(.text+0x47f): undefined reference to `xerbla_'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_lapack95.a(cgetrs1.o): In function `cgetrs1_f95_':
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/cgetrs1.f90:(.text+0x2a2): undefined reference to `cgetrs_'
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/cgetrs1.f90:(.text+0x345): undefined reference to `xerbla_'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_lapack95.a(sgetrf.o): In function `sgetrf_f95_':
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/sgetrf.f90:(.text+0x29d): undefined reference to `sgetrf_'
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/sgetrf.f90:(.text+0x46a): undefined reference to `xerbla_'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/mkl/lib/ia32/libmkl_lapack95.a(sgetrs1.o): In function `sgetrs1_f95_':
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/sgetrs1.f90:(.text+0x2d2): undefined reference to `sgetrs_'
../../../../interfaces/lapack95/source/sgetrs1.f90:(.text+0x404): undefined reference to `xerbla_'

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Javier

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Ah, here is the problem:

In the definition line

the -L is the culprit. What it does is to tell the linker where to look for libraries, rather than specifying which libraries to link, which is what you want to do. The net effect of this error is to give a list of file paths rather than directory paths as places to search, and no extra libraries to be included in the link.

Simply change that line to

LIB="$MKLROOT/lib/ia32"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
The distribution of routines among the various component libraries in MKL has varied from one version to another. Which version of MKL did you use? Did you obtain the Lapack95 library from Intel? Precompiled?

Instead of specifying the MKL libraries explicitly, you could try the -mkl compiler option (you would still need to specify libmkl_lapack95.a explicitly).
0 Kudos
Javier_Gonzalez-plat
I'm using the last 10.3.
The options are takem from the link intel MKL advisor....

Javier
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Does you MKLROOT setting expand so as to match the actual path of your MKL installation?
0 Kudos
Javier_Gonzalez-plat
MKLROOT is
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.7.256/mkl
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Ah, here is the problem:

In the definition line

the -L is the culprit. What it does is to tell the linker where to look for libraries, rather than specifying which libraries to link, which is what you want to do. The net effect of this error is to give a list of file paths rather than directory paths as places to search, and no extra libraries to be included in the link.

Simply change that line to

LIB="$MKLROOT/lib/ia32"
0 Kudos
Javier_Gonzalez-plat
Thanks!
Now works fine!

Thanks for all!

Javier
0 Kudos