Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6426 Discussions

Problems with environment variables and using code examples

Bulanchuk__Pavlo
Beginner

I was following installation guide up to environmental variable step:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl-windows-developer-guide-setting-environment-variables. 

I entered
mklvars intel64
in the command shell. The script got executed fine and when I checked PATH variable in the command shell, I could see the added path. But if I check System properties -> environment variables, the Path variable remained unchanged. Also, when I restarted the command shell Path variable was the same as before running the script.

Also if I try to run a sample code in VS2017, the line 

#include "mkl.h"

gets underscored with a message "cannot open source file mkl.h"

Installation of mkl went without errors and all files that are mentioned in https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl-windows-developer-guide-checking-your-installation are on their place.

If I understand correctly, this error is due to the absence of mkl.h in the path. 

Am I missing something? How can I correct it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

This bat script will set the MKL environments into the local working session. If you manually add these environments to the system properties -> environment variables then you will resolve this issues. 

In the case of Visual Studio – please refer to this article to set MKL environments in VS.

JHoff18
Beginner

For others who run into this problem, the solution is to source the script rather than execute it.

Do:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh <arch>

Don't:

./opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh <arch>

Executing a shell script executes it in a new shell process. The environment settings are lost when that process terminates. Sourcing it executes it in the current process.