Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

SPARSE_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED exit status in mkl_sparse_sp2m with symmetric sparse matrices

yera__rolando
Beginner

Hi

I'm trying to multiply to symmetric sparse matrices using the mkl_sparse_sp2m function, the exit status is SPARSE_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED and i don't understand why, here goes the reproducer. I'm using mkl 2019 update 4 in debian.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

That's mean the current implementation doesn't cover this set of input options.

0 Kudos
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Gennady is right, this case is not supported currently in mkl_sparse_sp2m.
Though this case is supported by mkl_sparse_spmm as far as I see. So, is there a particular reason why you want to call sp2m here?

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
yera__rolando
Beginner

Hello:

Yes this particular case is supported by mkl_sparse_spmm, the reason why I use mkl_sparse_sp2m is because in my real application I wanted to store only the symmetric part of the matrix on CSR format (this is not the case of the reproducer), now I know that this case is not supported currently so I will store all the matrix and use mkl_sparse_spmm.

Thanks.

pd: Sorry about the english 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

MKL 2020 has been released on Dec 12 and this version still doesn't support these matrixes. We only add some note: "Currently, only SPARSE_MATRIX_TYPE_GENERAL is supported.". In the case, if you are interested to extend the supported matrix, please fill the request into Intel Online Service Center.  

0 Kudos