Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Sparse Matrix Operations

JBervel
Beginner

Hello,

I am developing an application that works with sparse matrices.

I have seen mkl_?csradd(...) and mkl_?csrmultcsr(...). These functions just work with CSR format.

There are not more functions to operate with sparse matrices and return results as sparse matrices, but with different storage formats?

For example functions to add and multiply sparse matrices in COO format.

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
There are not more functions to operate with sparse matrices and return results as sparse matrices, but with different storage formats?
>> not yet.
but as an example, you can use saymkl_dcsrcoo() for convertion a sparse matrix in the coordinate format to CSR, then usemkl_?csradd and then convert from CSR to COO again.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
junuylia
Beginner
I'm dealing with sparse symmetric matrices, and I think the packed format works pretty well and efficient. It could do add, multipy, inversion, and find eigenvalues. However, for sparse matrices, the current library isn't good enough for me.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
yesmaybe for this case.it is always acompromisebetween performance andmemory consumption andusability.
0 Kudos
Danesh_Daroui
Beginner
Actually, MKL acts OK in this case. How can you be sure that the product of two sparse matrices will be sparse? In general this is not true!

D.
0 Kudos